Some thoughts

As of now its in the middle of a identity crisis, I am not sure which way its headed.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Home


After almost four weeks of traveling, etc. I am finally home.

From the 66th Parallel North, to close to Reactor four, I landed last night at a good friends Lichayim.

Had a wonderful Pesach, trying to keep the flame burning, and just a very exciting and amazing trip.

The main thing that I really learnt again on this trip was that 'ein dovar haomed lifney haratson', if there is a will there is a way. Weather its getting to the top of a glacier, getting by Army checkpoints into a closed Military Zone, or getting to a snow covered Volcano, with all the roads officially closed, never turn back or give up.

After being out of touch for 4 weeks, I came home to find out the world is still around, the city still has lots of pot holes, and that a great friend got engaged, with his lichayim two hours after I landed.

Its nice to be home. My own bed, a full refrigerator, family and friends, but something is telling me to start planing my next trip.


10 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Moiy-rah said...

why are you always on the go? are you in the military??

have a good shabbos. njoy the food and your own bed.

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger The real me said...

Ever since I was little I have had the travel bug, I enjoy exploring, checking out new places, and seeing diffrent parts of the world.

Lately I decided to put in a bit more effort then usual to make it to many of the places still on my list, before my single life runs out.

When I was thinking of joining the IDF back in the day, a good friend of mine wanted to know how I would manage, if I wouldent be able to travel for 2 years.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

Hey! Welcome back! Sounds like you had a awesome trip, sorry didnt get to talk with ya much by the l'chaim, hopefully some other time.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger The real me said...

Thanks.

With the long shabbosim we should get together.

I dont think I will be gong on any more long (over a week) trips until the summer.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

Welcome home- glad you had a nice Pesach.
(Do you guys really know each other?)

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger The real me said...

Sadly we do... :)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Okee said...

why should your travels ever end? find a girl who also has wanderlust!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Chasidishe Shaigitz said...

After that comment, not anymore we dont :p Hehe

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger The real me said...

I hope they never do, but I am not taking the chance that the wife I find wont be a wanderer like me. So I am trying to do lots more wandering before I pass on into my next life.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger wandering said...

boy do I have a girl for you... she loves to travel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home