Some thoughts

As of now its in the middle of a identity crisis, I am not sure which way its headed.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

28 Iyar - Yom Shchrur Yerusalayim v Chevron.





Looking at the calendar tonight brings back many fond memories of my years spend in the holy land, perhaps the best memories associated with a specific date.
Looking back at the history of the state of Israel, one finds many miracles, and many things to be embarrassed of.

28 Iyar 1967 is one of those days, The recapture of the old city or Jeru, and the recapture of Chevron are two events modern Israel can be proud of, they did screw up by not letting the Arabs run away, and by giving the Arabs control of the Miarat Hamachpela, but all in all it was a good day.

Its the one day that music fills the air for a good reason, dancing, celebrating, walking around the entire city, from Har Hatzofim to Eir Dovid, the day that Arabs are smart enough to stay inside.
Its the one day that I miss being in Israel for.

We still say nachem on the 9th of Av, we are still in Galut, so when I celebrate tonight, it will be with the thought of Lishana Haba BiYerusalaim. By next year we should all be in Jerusalam, together with Moshiach.

*********
Update: Click HERE to listen to a recording of the capturing of the Temple Mount

6 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger kasamba said...

I loved your post, but I've to tell you it's those photos- they always get me!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

It is a special day never seen the celebration up close yet though.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Nemo said...

I missed them too when I was in Israel. Wasn't even aware that it was a holiday. I only found out afterwards when my friend asked why I didn't come down to the Kotel for it.

 
At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it lesbo interracial Danger depakote New mazda rx-7 baccarat birds Tommylee pamela anderson Cristal room baccarat paris 105 mg phendimetrazine Yongnam rent a car Lipitor errectile dysfunction ferrari lamictal bipolar disorder side effects Playin4keeps gambling forum baccarat oenology cognac red gift box Ice cubes machine

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it film editing schools

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home