Some thoughts

As of now its in the middle of a identity crisis, I am not sure which way its headed.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Two summers, same feelings, diffrent results.


Sitting here in the first part of the summer in denial of what was going down in the land most holy, the disbelief turning into disgust, sadness, and a feeling that the land wedged between the Jordan and the Sea was no longer something I recognized, the soldiers no longer the friends they were.
In a certain way I didn't want to be there, knowing that friends of mine were most likely from the ones going house to house.

So I sat here wanting but unable to be there to help, shed many tears, and made up that I did not want to go back there, to a country I would no longer recognize, at least under to current government.

A years gone by.

I sit here again, not being able to leave, watching my brother arranging a group to go back and join their reserve unit, got a email today from a friend in a elite unit who until now has been doing operations in Jenin, who writes that 'between me and you, I am going north tomorrow', and I cant help but miss it.

I miss the land, in a weird sense the people, the bombs, the action, the gun shots, the music and beer, and once again I tell myself that everyone has their mission in life, and at this time I am doing my duty for the Jewish people by sitting here.

But maybe after this I will go back.






5 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Pragmatician said...

Indeed it's possible that your tachlis is to 'sit'.
We never knwo how we influence events.They say Jeiwsh tears have a lot of power.
in a weird sense the people
Why in a weird sense? the Land in Israel is special of course but the people who live there add a lot of flavour:)

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Moiy-rah said...

i hope you go back. i'm upset about israel, so i just dont read about it in the paper. i just skip over that part. i dont know what else to do.

moiy

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger wandering said...

Israel needs us now more then ever... we can't afford to tear ourselves apart at a time when we need to all stick together.

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Download software pda palm freeware New cholesterol medication Girls who love to eat cum Car deals cruise vacation plastic surgeons at froerdt hospital Purchase ativan on line fast delivery Equipment surveillance video http://www.colorado-car-insurance-quote.info/Registeredagentforillinoisfarmersinsurancecompany.html Trousers voyeur Acupuncture for high blood pressure Cruise ship theme party distance education in the uk Lexus ls400 90-94 power steering hose Free gay black sex video clips plastic surgeons in des plaines plastic surgeons in louisville kentucky klonopin problems his dick is too big http://www.access-dsl.info Albany chair van wheel

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you were right there! Every life has a mission of its own! Be positive.
This is Rubel from Israeli Uncensored News

 

Post a Comment

<< Home